Written by John Cox, MA, Cascade Mountains
“I was always told when younger, the mark of a person becoming Human, of a man or woman, is to respect and defend those who cannot defend themselves from those treacherous people who really do not know the difference between cruelty and respect. Wildlife, in this case wild horses, gives us this opportunity, with Mother Earth, to show our respect toward them and Our Grand Creator. The Wild Horse is our opportunity, right now, to show this respect toward all, and become better humans.” John Cox, MA, Cascade Journal
By DAMN, when I hear organizations, government agencies who we support with our taxpayer money – private companies that we purchase their products – ranchers that are subsidized mostly by our tax dollars (Welfare Ranchers) – non-profits that accept donations to assist our American Heritage the Wild Horses and do not do so – and others who agree with these assholes in destruction of our very American Heritage AMERICA’S WILD HORSES — and these people wave the American Flag, is oh so hypocritical, DISGUSTING, AS WELL AS UNACCEPTABLE TO MOST AMERICAN’S!
What you do not do to our American Heritage, Our Wild Horses on Our Public Lands, you DO NOT:
- Roundup and send to Slaughter our Wild Horses to feed to Zoo Animals;
- Roundup and send to Slaughter our Wild Horses in Mexico or Canada to ship to Europe for them to eat;
- Send to Japan or China for a quick profit;
- Replace and roundup America’s Wild Horses to make room for an already overabundant amount of cattle on Our Public Lands (and which destroys our Grasslands which provides 2/3rds of America’s Food chain substance and support, as well as already have a 34%yearly throw-away rate due to overabundance of cattle production on private and public lands);
- Slaughter Our Wild Horses to ship to foreign soil (it’s our damn heritage your selling, and the same as stomping on our American Flag, is the way many of us look at it in our Perspective;
- Use them merely to exploit for profits, or worse, contend you are helping them, then dart them with toxic chemicals, or use them by making crap up – paid for watching them graze, or worse, remove them to make room for more cattle;
- Our Wild Horses are not there to send to slaughter, as the Bureau of Land Management and the Department of Interior, or our Forestry does weekly, for mere pocket change to buy a beer after work — Wild Horses are American’s Property . . .
We need to get a grip on Our Government and profiteers (commercialized non-profits who support their donation chains and kiss-ass for gov. grants, rather than the Wild Horses) that stomp on our flag, all the while destroying Our Heritage. . . More than enough American’s respect our traditions, our ways, and Our Heritage — But our government does not, nor corporate or commercialized non-profits, and their decisions to do with horses whatever they want to do with them — THESE ARE AMERICAN HORSES, BELONGING TO AMERICA, and NOT to THEM to do with as they please!
So the next time you see someone waving the American Flag, and they are a part of the slaughter industry, or with BLM, or welfare rancher’s, or a commercialized non-profit, and using America’s Wild Horses to profiteer, tell them you will no longer support them or their products what so ever! Refuse to donate to commercialized non-profits that are part of the misinformation-chains and false-narrative, that create deceptions or outright lies about an overabundance of horses on Our Public Lands. Then exploit them for cash profits.
It is time for the reality, of true American’s to take a stand — We are saving ourselves as American’s, and against the corrupt politics and corporate powers that want to use our Heritage to make money only, and as in their words, “. . . to hell with American’s and America, let’s make profit!
Just sayin, as We Still Have Freedom of Speech! In reality, we need to embrace our wisdom, not our ignorance nor our own bias.
December 1, 2017 at 1:34 am
No lustration can ever wash out this national stain we are seeing today happening to our America. The foul blot must remain, as long as the page of history shall convey the record of the foul transaction to the future generations.
– Just something I read the other day that rang true to me.
December 1, 2017 at 1:56 pm
Its true, GG – this is a stain – watching these “representatives of the PEOPLE” trying their best to pay off their donors, rather than looking out for the people who voted for them? A stain! And it does ring true.
December 1, 2017 at 4:13 am
Horse advocates unite!! We cannot allow removal from their ancestral lands or slaughter!
December 1, 2017 at 7:33 am
Do you have any info on the current status of John Cox? I have enjoyed his facebook posts for years, but have seen no posts for over a year…I fear he has had some serious illness or worse? I have asked Anne Novak as she was with him on several of the last posts I saw…. no answer. Many on his facebook page have expressed concern. Do you know? I miss him and am worried. Laurel Paulson-Pierce
Photographer and Journalist
December 1, 2017 at 5:51 pm
Thank you for your kind words — this blog is mine. . . and yes, fighting cancer. For now winning, but we will see what the future has for myself and other people who have cancer. John
December 1, 2017 at 9:01 am
Wild horses are a historical , national treasure and part of our heritage. Cattle on public lands only supply 3% of the beef. Now public lands are being destoyed by livestock we well as mining, drilling and fracking. What will be left for future generations ?
December 1, 2017 at 6:20 pm
Needs a Conressional investigation or lawsuit.
December 2, 2017 at 12:57 am
It’s good to see that you’re back in the saddle John Cox. As you can tell, your loyal readers have missed you.
As for our American Flag..are they still being made in China?